Today’s DELICIOUS winter warmer recipe comes from the delightful, wonderful and ever-so amazing Tracey Carmichael of Happy Mind Formula
Tracey is an Internationally Accredited Life Coach, NLP and Timeline Therapy Practitioner who has 15 years experience in the wellness industry as a Natural Therapist. She is the author of the book “Happy Mind Formula : Your action plan to mental and physical wellbeing” and it is one that sits proudly on my book shelf! A must-read for anyone who would like to educate themselves more on what they can do to have a healthy brain and happy mind.
The following recipe is not only DELICIOUS and WARMING for the winter, it is mind and soul nourishing as well as brain and body optimising!
Healthy, low GI and slowly digested and released carbohydrates for optimal blood sugar stabilisation and brain-specific nutrition. Spices for concentrated and cell-protecting anti-oxidants. Good fats for all-over body and brain nourishment.
You just can’t go wrong with this one 🙂
– 1 Large Butternut Pumpkin
– 1 Large Sweet Potato
– 2-3 Tbsp Ayam Red Curry Paste
– 2 cups Campbell’s Vegetable stock
– 2 Brown Onions
– 2 Cloves Garlic
– 1 tsp lemongrass
– 1 tsp ginger
– 1 can Ayam light coconut cream
– 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 teaspoon dried chilli (optional)
• Remove skin and seeds from butternut pumpkin and roughly chop
• Remove skin from sweet potato and roughly chop
• Peel and roughly chop brown onions
• Mince garlic, ginger and lemon grass
• Heat oil in a pan and fry off onion, garlic, ginger, lemon grass and Red Curry paste for 2-3 minutes.
• In a stock pot add pumpkin, sweet potato, vegetable stock and Red Curry Paste mixture.
• Bring to the boil, then simmer until all vegetables are soft
• Allow to cool, add coconut cream and mix well
• Put all ingredients into a food processer and blend to a creamy consistency
• Reheat before serving and garnish with fresh coriander