You guys KNOW I love anything clever and innovative and I’ve been meaning to share this beauty with you for a while! 🙂
Yet another INSTA gem that I stumbled across quite some time ago – LILSIPPER posts LOADS of awesome, delicious and healthy food ideas so I do recommend you check her out!
This Ramen Burger Re-make is one of her epic creations and I think it could be a really FUN and VERSATILE staple in the kitchen! Make it vegan by pairing it with a mung bean or lentil pattie…. You could even try this delicious Veggie Burger Pattie I shared some time ago….. Or this Bean Burger….
OR indeed you could satiate the cave-(wo)man in you and go with a yummio lamb or chicken or beef pattie! 🙂 Home-made of course! 🙂 Maybe even Roo??
As I said, the options are endless and only limited by your imagination – and preferences! 🙂
So here it is! The ridiculously simple and clever Ramen Burger Re-Make!
Be sure to let me know what you think 🙂 And SHARE it if you think others will love it too! 🙂 (just use the share bar on the left)
INGREDIENTS: (makes TWO patties for ONE burger)
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 free range egg whites (to make vegan, you could use a “chia-egg” or “flax-egg” instead)
- Spice of choice to taste
- Spiralize your zucchini & mix your resulting zoodles with egg whites in a bowl with hands to fully coat. Season to taste
- Separate zoodles into 2 parts and place inside ramekins. Cover with wax paper and smash down with canned food item (ie canned beans) and keep the can inside each ramekin to compress noodles. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes (can be up to 24 hours if you want to prepare ahead of time) to set.
- Remove from fridge and heat pan with desired cooking oil. Sear each side pressing down with spatula as you cook. “Charred” ends is good/normal.
- Serve as you would any burger!
Enjoy your Gluten Free, Low-Carb, High Fibre, Vegetarian BUNS and serve with your FAV patties! 🙂
All my love,
Mind, Body, Soul Wellness
Dietitian~Counsellor~Psychology Of Eating Coach
Make sure you’re on my list to get a FREE cookbook and the VIP secrets I share! Click the box below 🙂