It was when I was in Melbourne that I came across this incredible recipe in the September 2015 Edition of Women’s Health Magazine Australia
I have been BUSTING ever since to be able to share it with you as finding a GOOD and HEALTHY bread that is DELICIOUS can be a really hard task! And let’s face it, life without bread can be pretty damn depressing!!
Thanks to the expertise of the recipe contributor Lily Simpson of The Detox Kitchen (based in the UK) we can now have EVERYTHING we ever wanted WITHOUT the bloat or bleh or baa-booooowwwww. Even MORE than that, this bread can actually help your body DETOX!!! WOW! Gimme somma that!
You can check out more of her awesome recipes here
For now I am SO HAPPY to share with you this incredibly intelligent recipe and I cannot WAIT to hear how you find it!
Please make sure you send me your feedback! Email [email protected] OR simply comment below!
Quinoa and Chia Seed Bread
- 30g chia seeds
- 350g quinoa
- 70ml rapeseed oil (I would use Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp Malden salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 10g black sesame seeds seeds
- 1 handful sunflower seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Line a small loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the chia seeds in a bowl with 100ml water, stir well and leave for 15 minutes. This should then form into a gel.
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan and cover with three times the amount of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes; this will only be part-cooked which is what you want. Drain with a sieve and run under cold water until completely cool. Leave to drain for a few minutes. This is important because if it is too wet your bread will be stodgy.
- Place the chia gel and the quinoa into a blender and blitz to combine, then add 150ml water with the rapeseed oil, bi carb, salt and lemon juice. Whizz for 5 minutes. You want the consistency to be quite wet, similar to a muffin batter. Add in the sesame seeds and blitz to combine. Pour this into the loaf tin, cover with the sunflower seeds and bake in the oven for 1 hour. It should be firm and slightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge, ready to slice when needed. It is delicious toasted too!
- Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and contains iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, Vitamin E and fibre. It is one of only a few plant foods considered a complete protein, comprised of all essential amino acids.
- Chia seeds are massively high in Omega 3 fats; are a great source of many vitamins & minerals including Vitamins A, B, D, E, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium – which all help with the detoxing the body; AND they FILL YOU UP and slow the conversion of carbohydrates into sugars! Think : LONG LASTING ENERGY! Yeah!
- The extra sesame and sunflower seeds add even more great fats, vitamins and minerals, as well as more protein and fibre!
- Overall this bread is a PROTEIN and FIBRE and GOOD FATS power house! Eat it with absolute JOY ! 🙂
- Try it topped with avocado, egg, cottage cheese, your fav fruit-only jam, nut butter, hommus, tahini, or any other fav bread topping!
I look forward to your feedback gorgeous ones! Email [email protected] OR simply comment below!
Make sure you SHARE this with your friends and PIN IT for easy reference!
You can read client feedback and success stories on my Facebook Page and website
If you’re looking for a way to find your ultimate FREEDOM, FEARLESSNESS and FUN with food, health, your body and self, let’s make time to chat. It’s my ultimate pleasure and passion to show other women how to find a way of living and eating that FEELS amazing, is EASY AND enables them to have the health, energy, body and happiness they desire!
I always offer a FREE 15-20 minute Consultation so that we can explore exactly what you’re looking for and IF I can help! 🙂
Email me [email protected] to find out availabilities