Today’s ravishing recipe comes from one of my ALL NEW Guest Contributors 🙂
Super CUTE, fit and healthy Nicole is JUST as passionate about good food, fitness and healthy living as I am! In fact, on the food and training side of things, she is MUCH more dedicated!
Expect to see a few gems from here over the coming months!
You can read a little more about Nicole here
For now though, here’s the gRUB ;p hehe
Quick Curried Salmon Pies
Yes I know they’re not really pies… but they’re not really patties either! What they are is a super tasty lunch or portable protein snack when you need something easy, healthy and fabulous! Even for those who are not normally canned fish fans… I guarantee these will convert you! Try and find a good quality wild brand like Fish 4 Ever as you really can taste the difference. Dress ’em up with a gorgeous mango salsa and side salad… or eat ’em cold on the go with a side of chili jam 🙂
170g Can Salmon (its not going to matter if your can is a bit bigger/smaller)
1 Sweet Potato (150-200g)
1/3 Cup Frozen Peas
2 Spring Onions
1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Coriander
2 Free Range Eggs
Zest of 1/2 a Lemon
1 Tsp Curry Powder
1/2 Tsp Cumin
1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes (or a pinch cayenne pepper would work)
Salt & Pepper
* Grease six silicone muffin tins with coconut oil and preheat the oven to 170degrees celsius
* Peel and chop sweet potato… then steam or microwave until soft and mashable. Then mash!
* Combine drained salmon, peas, finely diced spring onions, coriander, lemon zest and spices in a bowl.
* Add slightly cooled sweet potato… then mix through your two lightly beaten eggs.
* Divide mixture evenly between muffin tins and bake for around 25mins till set.
1/2 Birdseye Chili
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 Tbsp (chopped) Fresh Coriander
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
* Chop your mango, finely dice the chili and combine all ingredients in a bowl.
* Eat with a Salmon ‘Pie’… or a chicken salad… or some pan fried fish!
There you have it guys!
By now you know I am a MASSIVE fan of salmon and always “pushing” it’s agenda! LOL
I love to buy the Wild Caught Salmon from Woolies, the Select brand, as an alternative to Fish 4 Ever 🙂 Whatever fits within your budget and lifestyle factors 🙂
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think once you have tried this recipe 🙂
Send feedback to [email protected]
Trackback from your site.