Another magical recipe by our lovely guest contributor Nicole Noodle 🙂 This gal seriously has a never-ending stream of fantastic ideas 🙂
The reason I LOVE this recipe is it is not only FULL of goodness as it is (and features my FAV SuperHero Food of Right Now!), but it is also a GREAT base from which to modify and make your own! Experiment with different vegies (eg zucchini, capsicum, eggplant, spinach, rocket, broccoli, etc etc! You are only limited by your imagination!), vary the protein/meat choice (I personally don’t dig bacon, so I would most likely opt for tinned or smoked salmon…. YUM!), and use it in all different situations (great as a breakfast, prepared earlier and taken for lunch the next day, or a wonderful, quick and nutritious dinner!).
It really is a wonderful base recipe from which never-ending ideas can sprout! 🙂
Enjoy and I look forward to hearing your own EGGSellent variation ;p hehe
Food Body Lifestyle Guru
1 Tbsp Butter or your choice of oil (I personally love coconut oil for all things cooking!)
150g Pumpkin (cubed) (You could use sweet potato instead if you like)
1 Leek (halved & sliced)
3 Rashes Free Range Bacon (chopped) (I am personally NOT a fan of bacon, so I would use ham or chicken or most likely (!!) tinned or smoked salmon ;p)
2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
1 Tbsp Fresh Herbs (Thyme, Rosemary etc)
1/4 Cup Water
* Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
* In a bowl combine the eggs and water… mix well and set aside.
* Melt the butter (or oil) in an oven proof frypan over medium heat.
* Add pumpkin and saute for a few minutes till it begins to brown.
* Add bacon, leek and garlic… fry till bacon begins to crisp and leek softens.
* Add fresh herbs then pour the egg mix over your vegies.
* Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes till set.