Today’s recipe comes from yet another Instagram star that is always creating and sharing the yummiest of healthy, clean treats that not only satisfy but NOURISH the body, mind and soul!
Jess is passionate about chocolate and making guilt-free treats that leave her feeling GOOD and are packed full of superfoods! Check her out and be sure to follow her socials!
I LOVE that this recipe is actually a family favourite (of ours anyway!) and is based on nuts which are FULL of brain and heart-loving healthy fats, gut and bowel loving fibre, muscle and cell loving protein plus many minerals and vitamins that we just don’t get enough of! I think recipes like this are SO clever and good for the soul!
Enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think of this one 🙂
- ½ cup of cacao butter (melted)
- 3 tbls coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla bean syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup of cacao powder
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds
- Extra 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- In a large tray, spread almonds evenly and pop in the oven for 20 minutes on 180°C to roast (alternatively you can buy them roasted)
- Blend cacao butter, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, vanilla bean essence, pinch of salt and cacao until smooth and creamy and set aside
- Process walnuts until fine and add desiccated coconut. Once the walnuts and coconut are combined, place in a large bowl
- Process almonds until crushed and very fine and then add to the large bowl
- Pour over the chocolate mixture and combine all ingredients.
- Tear a large piece of foil and sprinkle around 1/3 – ½ cup coconut in the centre evenly. Scoop the mixture over the coconut in the foil and mould into a long log form while scattering coconut over the top.
- Roll the log slowly in the foil a few times ensuring coconut has covered the entire outside of the dessert and fold foil tightly and set in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- To serve, remove from freezer and place in fridge for 20 minutes. Cut as little or as thick slices as you like and store in fridge. Enjoy!
I LOVE hearing from you and SEEING your amazing creations!
Mind, Body, Soul Wellness
Dietitian~Counsellor~Eating Psychology Coach
Make sure you’re on my list to get a FREE cookbook and the top healthy lifestyle secrets I share! Click the box below 🙂